Sunday 17 August 2008

Champagne and Jelly Legs

Last night I went out and had champagne and cake. It was the 18th. birthday of my holiday daughter and her real mum invited me. In the midst of getting ready as I rested on the bed half dressed, my daughter said I looked nice, a bit like a like a french whore, but nice. I took this as a compliment. As I deliberated over the pros and cons of taking pain killers vs having a glass of champagne, she said do both, things will seem funnier! So I did. I mingled ( from chair to chair). The champagne and pills helped make the time before my brain fuzzed over longer. I had a conversation with someone who works in mental health. She said she gets lots of people with ME referred to her. I said that's a disgrace and she agreed, she was nice. I felt almost normal for a short while. I felt slightly drunk and giggly which was strange.
Today's hungover feeling was not much worse than if I hadn't mingled, but the champagne has gave me jelly legs.
I lay in the sun and watched the butterfly's and the bees flirting and dancing on the buddleia. The butterfly's are beautiful and the buzz of the bees soothed my befuddled brain, but there were wasps and I hate the them, they are full of venom.
I lay in the sun and lost myself in the world of Helen, Ivan, Rita etc.
I am on page 457 of The State Of Me.
I have stopped reading for now because I don't want it to end. I love them all, even Ivan !

2 comments:

Sue said...

LOL Janette . . . I'd give anything to be able to achieve the French Whore look ;-)

I wish I had worn fishnet tights, basques and very very high heels when I could. Now I am conservative due to feet that won't fit in to sexy shoes :-( BUT I do have spiky hair and that sometimes gets a second glance!!! :-D

So pleased that you had a good evening out.

Sue

Mima said...

So glad that you managed to get out and about, and mixing pills and booze - a very brave lady indeed! To feel almost normal for a bit must have been just wonderful - it is those moments that you have to really hold onto.