Monday 29 September 2008

Walking By A High-Rise To A Landmark Square

Prompt from Her Space My Space is Landmark
An object or feature of a landscape that is easily recognisable. Show us a landmark in your space today.

Bothwell Castle, a local and historical landmark















Lyrics from These Streets by Paula Nutini

Where'd the days go?
When all we did was play
And the stress that we were under wasn't stress at all
Just a run and a jump into a harmless fall from
Walking by a high-rise to a landmark square
You see millions of people with millions of cares
And I struggle to the train to make my way home
I look at the people as they sit there alone
Life is good, and the sun is shiningEverybody flirts to their ideal place
And the children all smile as a boat shuffled by them
Trying to pretend that they've got some space
These streets have too many names for me
I'm used to Glenfield road and spending my time down in Orchy
I'll get used to this eventually
I know, I know

9 comments:

Bobs said...

Fabulous shot of a gorgeous old ruined castle.
x

Diana said...

what a gorgeous landmark and a great shot!
Love Di

Chris T said...

Lovely colours - bricks are a lovely brown. I've chosen a castle too!!

Photographing Mom said...

Beautiful!!!

Claire said...

Lovely picture - cant say I have been there despite my piccie of being in Scotland (this years holiday).

Claire

Jenn Alvarez said...

Beautiful! Love the colors!

Louise said...

great shot.

Terrie Farrell said...

Great shot.

Sue said...

Hi Janette :-)

Super castle . . . reminds me of Chester where I grew up.

Sorting out typepad. In a nutshell someone made a comment re a post on my blog. I thought "how dare you, you don't know me", then realised that by public blogging I was inviting strangers in to my world and thus I was partly to blame. Easy to rectify :-) Just time consuming as blogger don't do the password thing and make it harder for invited reasders to get to the blog.

Hope all is well . . . had a steroid injection yesterday . . . hoping for some benefit soon :-)

Bye for now . . . Sue :-)