Tuesday 2 September 2008

Oh I Never Was Good With Romantic Words

Prompt from her space my space is Romantic

An action or sentiment of love. Find something (or someone!) romantic in your space today.

I have gone for a sentiment of love, my daughter and I holding hands












We had fun with this shot, camera on timer, 10 seconds to get into position and the dog thinking it was a game got fed too many treats trying to keep bits of her out the picture.

Lyrics from "Mandolin Wind" by Rod Stewart

Oh I never was good with romantic words
So the next few lines come really hard
Dont have much but what Ive got is yours
Except of course my steel guitar
Ha, cause I know you dont play
But Ill teach you one day
Because I love ya

11 comments:

Brendan said...

Great shot (as your pics always are). Sounds like you had a good time shooting it.

Photographing Mom said...

Wonderful picture and a memory made!

The Cook said...

Beautiful shot. x

Sarah said...

Lovely, lovely shot :)

Judith said...

Really like this shot and the fact that it is in B&W makes it timeless!

Chris T said...

Very good - lovely idea- hope the dog isn't too fat after all the treats. Our dog always makes a fuss if my DH & I have a cuddle!

pokettiger said...

Love your romantic photo. Wonderful gate shot too. I also was catching up with all your letter photos. You did a fabulous job finding them all. The "o" was incredibly impressive. Tough to capture action like that - wow!

etteY said...

wow! great shot! i love the black and white treatment ^_~

NW Nature Nut said...

I love the black and white. I did that with mine this time too. Nice shot!

Sue said...

Well, I saw this photo on Flickr and ignored it BUT this was only because I felt sure that you had used it here :-)

A smashing shot. Loving the B&W. Mother and daughter . . . precious times :-)

Oh, this is a big favourite of mine along with Reason to Believe. Early Rod, super, new stuff, not my thing. An excellent choice of song today :-)

I can do "mushy" in a song too . . . let's be fair I LOVE "mushy" in a song :-)

And really Janette, you are going to get a terrible reputation if you keep stealing my guys off me. First Marc and now Van . . . me wonders who will be next :-D

Re comments on flickr pics . . . I speak as I find, and I find your photos truly beautiful and inspiring :-) So glad that you appreciate and understand that I do :-)

I'll pass on your hugs . . . bye for now . . . Sue :-)

Mima said...

What a lovely photo, and it works really well in black and white.