Tuesday 24 June 2008

Ripe And Bearing Miracles

Prompt from HSMS is ripe

Developed to the point of readiness


Lyrics from "Soldier Blue" by Buffy Sainte Marie,this song sends chills right through me, from the movie Soldier Blue, it tells the story of the vicious slaughter of the Cheyenne Indians during the Sand Creek Massacre of 1864. A powerful film which stays firmly in my memory. It made me cry. The history is cruel and sad and I cant help be reminded about the troubles in Iraq and Afghanistan, and wonder did we learn anything ?

Yes this is my country.

Young and growing.

Free and flowing. See to see.

Yes, this is my country.

Ripe and bearing miracles in ever pond and tree.

Her spirit walks the high country.

She’s giving free wild samples.

And setting an example how to give



5 comments:

Bobs said...

Oh god. Soldier Blue. It made such an impression on me. I cried buckets at the time and I really don't think I could bring myself to watch it again. It made me ashamed to be human. Talk about man's inhumanity to man.

On a lighter note .... I love your tomatoes! Definitely look good enough to eat ......... NOW!! :)

Bobs said...

Oh dear, I see you've got a spam commenter. Grrrrrrrr.

Whatever you do, don't click on their name!

etteY said...

wow! gorgeous shot of the matoes!

spammers!! :@

Unknown said...

Lovely shot - did you shine the tomatoes especially for the photo, or were they already like that?

Louise said...

looks like an M&S advert! Lovely.