Saturday 28 June 2008

The Day After The Night Before

Firstly a big thank you to everyone who left me Birthday Wishes. Today, I am brain dead, but the lovely day I had yesterday was worth it. Lunch with two sisters,one daughter and one niece in a pub...yes I said pub...and I even managed a glass of red wine, sheer decadence drinking in the middle of the day. Got a phone call from my daughter K who is in Greece, she and 10 of her friends singing happy birthday down the phone was a delight, I think that may have been when my brain started decomposing, but at least I now know that she is alive and can sing :).
The plan with my friend Victoria did not go according to plan, but it will, one day soon.

I am overly excited at receiving this gift

My new baby, a Fuji S1000FD. Have only this morning managed to take it out of the box, spent the last hour trying to fit the strap (wrongly) and cannot wait to start snapping. It is an ideal camera for me because of the weight, I am familiar with most of the settings and it has a much better zoom than my A900. Am so looking forward to getting in amongst the flowers to try the super macro mode.


Got two important dates coming up

Tuesday is my daughter G's graduation
Saturday my nephews wedding

I am trying not to feel anxious about both these events, I need to switch off my thoughts of how I will feel on the day and my hopes that I will manage as they are almost as draining as the actual events.

Going now to make a cuppa, stroke my new camera some more and hopefully/perhaps/maybe take some photographs oh and perhaps look at the manual.

5 comments:

Kaz said...

Bugger the manual it'll be far too complicated today!! Glad you had a good day and whoo for the wine (I had half a glass this week myself).

Looking forward to seeing how the new cam works, but I think your photos are brill anyways.

bughugs ya xxx

Anonymous said...

Yay for new cameras! Hope you enjoy yours :)

jeanie oliver said...

Wonderful,
Focus on the camera and don't think about the outings until they happen. Focus on your camera at the outings. I give this advice as someone in the know as you know!
later
Jeanie

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!
Your new camera looks very handsome.
It means I get to enjoy more of your beautiful photos. :-)

Sue said...

So pleased that you had a good time :-) Personally I feel it is worth it, (day out on Friday knocked me out until lunch time today), though I always hate that I "need" to recover, unlike my friends who just seem to keep going.

Hard, I know, but relax if you can, the days will come whether you stress about them, or not. And now you have a new camera to record the events so rest and read :-)

BTW, is this camera particulary light? I have never been able to lift anything except a compact.

Rest and relax :-)

Take care . . . Sue :-)