Thursday 26 June 2008

I Can't Stay On Your Life Support

Theme at her space my space is support
To hold up or bear weight.

For most people they have no problem with this type of support, but in my case "not a lot" just when you need them they let you down, thats gratitude for you!!!

















Lyrics from "Just Like A Pill" by Pink

I can't stay on your life support,
there's a shortage in the switch,
I can't stay on your morphine,
cuz its making me itch
I said I tried to call the nurse again
but shes being a little bitch,
I think I'll get outta here, where I can
Run just as fast as I can
To the middle of nowhere To the middle of my frustrated fears
And I swear you're just like a pill
Instead of makin' me better, you keep makin' me ill
You keep makin' me ill


Bleep Bleep Bleeeeeep...Oh how I wish it would stop. It takes me by surprise every time, I look around wondering whats bleeping. I scream at it "STOP" but it does not listen. I scream at it
"I AM DOING IT", but it does not listen. I am talking about my car. Bleeps followed by a flashing message.

Bleep ...... fasten your seat belt
Bleep....... car not in park
Bleep....... remove keys from ignition
Bleep....... door not closed

Anyone would think I had a problem driving
I say I am testing Citroen's safety features
My wise daughter would say"Mum you need it"



8 comments:

Chris T said...

Wow - things I take for granted - really makes you think!!

jeanie oliver said...

I totally understand! I have spent 2 days with Tara for her birthday and I am a little zonked today. As soon as I get a little energy, am going to work on getting caught up on my pics.
Jeanie

Sue said...

Firstly, as my Mum would have said, "girl, you have a great set of pins"! :-) However, I guess some times not so great, eh? :-( AS CT commented "things I take for granted".

I must also say that the cover your legs are resting on looks absolutely beautiful, lush and feminine.

So a very honest and thought provoking take on todays prompt.

And, we both went for Pink, well let's be fair how could we not :-) Fabulous song, I do like her style, although I do not often listen to her out of choice, normally just on the radio.

Getting near to my bed time. Oh, I need a full eight hours, at least, to be anywhere near able to get up in the morning. And tomorrow off to see the Klimt exhibition in Liverpool :-) Can't wait. Fingers crossed for lots of energy.

Bye for now J :-) . . . Sue

Louise said...

Very thought provoking! well done you.

Tara said...

Happy Birthday! I hope you are feeling well enough today to enjoy the day and that you have plans to do all the things that you enjoy whatever those may be.
Take care,
Tara

Anonymous said...

You have a unique perspective on support and I totally get it! What shot and effect!

jeanie oliver said...

It's Friday, and happy, happy birthday. Will you have a party and cake and all that stuff?
Hope you get millions of dollars in gifts from even total strangers walking down the street who just feel in some mysterious way that it's your birthday.
Jeanie

maz said...

Oh Happy Birthday! Hope your legs are giving you good support today- they look like great legs but I guess looks aren't everything... hugs x