Monday 2 June 2008

Luck Ain't Even Lucky

Today's prompt from her space my space is lucky


This is my lucky Greek eye charm.
Some Greeks, especially in villages, believe that someone can catch the evil eye, or “matiasma”, from someone else’s jealousy or envy.To avoid the matiasma, those who believe in it wear a charm: a little blue marble glass with an eye painted on it . Blue is believed to be the colour that wards off the evil eye and brings you good luck
Lyrics from "It's My Life" by Bon Jovi
This is for the ones who stood their ground
For Tommy and Gina who never backed down
Tomorrow's getting harder make no mistake
Luck ain't even lucky
Got to make your own breaks

4 comments:

Chris T said...

Oh I like the idea of that & blue's my favourite colour

Kaz said...

Lovely beady shot. Helloo, no evil eyes here!!

Sue said...

That's a beautiful clear shot and so pretty too :-) Great take on a thought provoking prompt.

I am going to catch up with your posts now but time is against me so may not comment.

Hope that you are well.

Take care . . . Sue :-)

jeanie oliver said...

Hi there, Janette,
how cool because my kids always used to say that my stern look was my, "evil eye" . I hope today finds you up and feeling "wild-eyed"!!!
Jeanie