Tuesday 13 May 2008

We Are All Just Prisoners Here, Of Our Own Device

Prompt at her space my space is device
"A thing made or adapted for a particular purpose especially something mechanical or electrical"
My device is in my space everyday, couldn't/wouldn't be without it
No I Pods in this house, I am a Zen baby Zen


The actual player appears to have been stolen taken to school this morning by my daughter along with some sausages,a disposable barbecue and dare I say it some Jack Daniels....reason being last day of 6th form, education is not what it used to be! I was too brain dead to say more than "enjoy your last day" and she thinks I'm stupid unaware of the Jack Daniels, even although she is 18 just wait till she gets home, I will be very stern when asking "did you have a nice time"

Lyrics in title are from Hotel California by the Eagles
Mirrors on the ceiling,
The pink champagne on ice
And she said 'we are all just prisoners here, of our own device'
And in the master's chambers,
They gathered for the feas
t
They stab it with their steely knives,
But they just can't kill the beast

11 comments:

Kerry said...

Great device.

Diana said...

LOL I hope she gets seriously drunk and learns the lesson. I did it, my daughter did it and we have never been drunk again. Hang in there girl!
Love Di
PS love the lyrics

Diana said...

PS I was born in Edinburgh, Live now in South Africa and am visiting Edinburgh for the tattoo for the first time in 40 years this year.

Anonymous said...

This is a cool one! My sister has a zen too and I found it easy to use when I uploaded songs for her.

Great device! Mine's up too :)

maz said...

LOL at the Jack Daniels...serious stuff! It was just warm beer in my day...

Rach said...

Fab device - couldn't live without mine for blocking out the nagging and whinging of the kids LOL! x

Sue said...

Both my son, 15, and DH have Zens :-) Sarah is an Ipod girl though and me . . . nothing! LOL I have music everywhere I go though so not complaining!

So great shot of your device :-) Don't you just LOVE the way HS:MS gets you to photograph the strangest things?

Oh Oh !! Hmmmmm . . . this will be me in a few years with Joshua, but
LOL at the sausages and barbecue however the JD . . . naughty, (must say she has good taste!)

We were NEVER like that were we? No, lets be fair, we were far worse ;-)

Eagles classic . . . like the old stuff but I'm not keen on the new album :-(

BTW everyone is liking Robbie ;-)

BFN . . . Sue

Hazel said...

Great device shot (and loving catching up with your other recent photos)

Anonymous said...

That's a pretty device! You must be quite a music person, you know so many lyrics.

All of my Todays said...

Cool device. Lol at the JD I remember doing that when I was in 6th form. x

Kaz said...

It could be worse, Janette, it could be bacardi lolol!!

Aaahhh the joys of 6th form, please wish Katie good luck with her exams xxx