Friday 9 May 2008

One Day To The Next

The prompt today at her space my space is remember

Have in your mind an awareness of something or someone you have seen, known or experienced. Show 'remember' in your space today.

Everyday I remember how difficult it can be to put one foot in front of the other. The simple act of walking can be a ordeal to a person suffering from ME.















Remember is not in my title, but I am remembering this song "One Day To The Next" by Tony Butler (Big Country) which was released in 1998 for International ME AWareness Day.

Help me…tell me what I’m meant to do
I can’t stand up, I can’t slow down
Does this make sense to you

Tell me…if you believe me make it clear
“There’s nothing we can do”
Are not the words I want to hear

There’s nothing here to comfort me at midnight
Why do I feel so scared and so alone

Give me courage, give me answers, give me love
I’m so confused it’s been so long
One day to the next is the way I carry on

Is there someone who can find the cure for me
I had a life I felt so strong
One day to the next is the way I get along

Help me…I’ve lost my confidence, my drive
The months have turned to years
I feel no better, but I’m alive

Tell me…one day the pains will fade away
The sun will come, the rains will go
And I will live my way

If someone’s there to catch me when I’m falling
Why do I feel so empty and alone

Give me courage, give me answers, give me love
I’m so confused it’s been so long
One day to the next is the way I carry on

8 comments:

Diana said...

Thinking of you as I too live one day at a time. i will remember you!

What a great interpretation of today's prompt!
Love Di

pokettiger said...

Powerful photo - stark and simple.

Unknown said...

Great shot, great song and great post.

Bambi said...

beautiful!

Aubrey Harns said...

Great shot!!! Very thought provoking!
Blessings,
Aubrey

Sue said...

Hi :-)

Here to catch up with your posts :-)

A very telling photo of an illness that few people really understand. I know that I don't. And fabulous words to the song that accompanies your shot helping to make it a little clearer.

Hoping you have a good weekend :-)

Scrolling down . . . Sue (21 + 21 + 8) ;-D

Sue said...

You too eh? ;-) We must be of a similar age then . . . where have the years gone?

No post today . . . doing it tomorrow :-) My brother-in-law beats me to 50 by 20 days!! He can be my "portrait" tonight :-)

Weather still glorious here . . . very muggy tho'.

BFN - One of the first abbrv. and the kids think that they invented text talk :-D - Sue :-)

maz said...

Very moving... you've made me think. (That's a good thing) x