Tuesday 27 May 2008

The Monkees And Me

Never let it be said that I give up. I am still attempting to knit knitting those hairy monkees. There is a hard pattern and a easy pattern, so far I have been sticking to the easy one and even at that they are turning out looking nothing like vaguely like monkees. On saying that lots of people children seem to like them and as I am obviously deluded I will keep on clicking those needles. Just a quick note about the hard pattern, the one with the dreaded gusset and the mouth that is beyond me. My lovely friend Kaz had now sent me detailed instructions along with pictures of how to sew the mouth,its not everyday you get a very big close up picture of the inside of a monkees mouth in your inbox. If there is such a thing as e mail police, this one would have baffled them. So, eventually I will have another go. But for now here are my latest creations.
Firstly a non hairy one, knitted so badly too shy to be seen

But eventually loved by my niece Eleni, she loves them all and I don't even have to bribe her

Then we have the latest hairy variety, these are for Jason and Louise, my cousin's kids

And a third one had to be made for Eleni, here they all are enjoying some time together
I overheard them talking earlier today (perhaps I should have said mad and deluded), wondering why they had not been delivered to their new homes

"I am getting a bit fed up sitting around in these baskets, when do you think we are going to be let loose."


"Who knows it could be ages, she's not well and keeps complaining that they want her to practise CBT". "What's that". "Hmm.... I think it stands for Climbing and Balance Therapy" "That sounds easy, if we could get out we could show her how its done"


"Lets make a run for it.....come on... up and over "

"Hurry up you two"


"Just a little bit higher, put some effort into it"
"Now if only she would listen to the doctors, she could be having as much fun as us"

1 comment:

Kaz said...

LOLOLOL oohhh those monkees are great!!! They are gorgeous and the non hairy one certainly looks better without the bag on the head!!