Wednesday 28 May 2008

And The Name She Bore Was Flora, The Lily Of The West

Today's prompt from her space my space is flora
Rain, rain and more rain today, the garden needs it so for now I am happy.
Luckily I have some indoor flora, almost in bloom



Lyrics from "Lily of the West" by Mr Dylan

"When first i came to Louisville, some pleasure there to find
A damsel there from Lexington was pleasing to my mind
Her rosy cheeks, her ruby lips, like arrows pierced my breast
And the name she bore was flora, the lily of the west"

6 comments:

jeanie oliver said...

Hi there,
how are you feeling today? great pic of flora but more importantly I love your song lyrics, do those all come from your memory? I can't ever remember more than the first line of a song! It's raining and musty here today, too.
Jeanie

All of my Todays said...

I LOVE your choice of flora - my favourites. x

maz said...

Great Dylan lyrics... and that Lily, bursting with promise. Beautiful.

Louise said...

beautiful shot.

Igotmebabe said...

Jeanie,
Not had too bad a day, thanks for asking.Yes the song lyrics usually come from my excuse of a brain,I must have selective memory as most days I can't remember what I did five minutes ago. But I have this funny thing going on with songs, I hear a word and it usually reminds me of a song :) Hope your day has been good

etteY said...

beautiful! i don't see many flowers here in my space :(