Friday 4 July 2008

Chronic Artists

Chronic Artists is a blog dedicated to those creative people who have to balance their artistic practice with the challenges of life with chronic illness or pain.
They may be an artist, writer, photographer, musician or artisan. They might be severely ill or mildly affected by their chronic health condition and/or pain. They may be from anywhere in the world. The Chronic Artists blog and blog ring were set up in June 2008 by RachelCreative.


The blog asks Guest Questions and chronic artist friends may reply.


I feel priviledged to be part of this and have answered my first "Guest Blogger Question" today.


What Made You Become An Artist


I have always had a keen interest in art but never really pursued it as a hobby. One day a friend of mine, also a ME sufferer invited me to paint with her. As much as I love painting I find this a drain on my limited energy and I am unable to paint very often. I picked up a camera and discovered the world through a lens, this has now become my way of escaping the daily struggles of living with the illness ME. I am amazed on a daily basis at the myriad photographic opportunities I can find within the confines of my little corner of the world.

Blueberry Kiss….this was taken whilst horizontal on the sofa.







4 comments:

Zoe said...

That's a fantastic shot - love it. The colours are wonderful x

Kaz said...

Brilliant photo. Which gremlin has the luscious lips?!

Igotmebabe said...

Hey Auntie Kaz, I could telll you that those luscious lips were mine but you would know I was lying. The bluberry was mine and the lips belong to gremlin number one Gemma

Anonymous said...

I loved reading why you became an artist. I got into photography when I first got sick and couldn't leave the house, and it never occurred to me that a few years later it would be my job. Silver linings and all that :)