Thursday 6 November 2008

I'm Too Knackered To Walk To The Well !!!

This is the comment Gail Porter made this morning in relation to the illness ME. She was a guest panelist on The Wright Stuff and remarked

People in Africa don't have ME, you don't hear them saying I am too knackered to walk to the well

I guess she thinks it's funny. I wonder if she thought it funny when she was disbelieved regarding her health condition ?
Its a old "joke" of Ricky Gervais, not funny when he says it and not funny by celebs who copy him. Let them come and walk a day in my shoes..... it would be interesting too see if they would continue to comment on conditions they obviously are ignorant off...all in the name of comedy!!!

I sent a e-mail........lets see if I get a reply

3 comments:

Chris T said...

What a stupid comment - how would she know what they do or do not suffer from! I would have expected her to be a bit more caring as she suffers from a relatively obscure illness - but then hers is very visible!! Why is it that because people can't see an illness they assume it must be "all in the mind"

Diana said...

my strength to you...

Zoe said...

I'm with Chris, so many people assume if an illness isn't visible it's made up. Tell that to those who suffer from mental illness (as Mum does and my brother did) - idiots!