Tuesday 11 March 2008

She Used To Be A Baby


And I used to sing to her

Oh, I have a little daughter, and my daughter's name is Kate.
And she's every bit mischievous as a kitten on a skate.
With a bandage on her forehead and the bruises on her knees,
You would swear she'd fought with buccaneers on all the seven seas.
For its up the stairs and down the stairs and in the room and out.
Like a miniature tornado, she can blow the house about.
Take an angel with the devil in the twinkling of her eye,
And that's my Katy, little lady, and I love her.


Where have all the years gone?

3 comments:

Kaz said...

Lovely poem and OMG!! hasn't she grown up?! Still gorgeous!

Glad Stevie now has a name.

Kaz xx

Oanjay said...

That is such a cute poem. It describes our little grandaughter Katie exactly. We have a blog also. My husband has been diagnosed with ALS as of Feb this year. We are from Canada. I came across your blog just by random. Joan

Igotmebabe said...

Hi Joan, Thanks for leaving a commment. "Katy" is actually a song by Tom Paxton, Its nice that it reminded you of your grandaughter. My daughter Katie is now almost 18 ( 2 weeks to go) and can still be exactly like the Katy in the song. I got sick with ME when she was only 10 months old, neither she nor my other two daughters can remember me as a "well" Mum which,for me, is one of the hardest parts of being ill. I have had a quick look at your blog and left a comment and I will visit again soon to read more.