Sunday 10 February 2008

Monkey Madness



I am knitting ! Yes I have finally joined the monkee madness courtesy of my friend Karen . It must be at least 20 years since I picked up a pair of knitting needles, so you would think I would start of with something easy, but I have chosen to knit with hairy wool,I must be mad. So far it has been frustrating fun ( be quiet I'm counting ) and who knows if it will ever turn out to look like a monkey. Karen sent me a message saying hers looked like a sporan and although mine resembles a sporan that has gone through the wash there is a chance I am doing something right. Not too sure if I quite got to grips with shaping the neck, but time will tell. Last night my daughter and her friend were in the kitchen and the conversation went like this:-

Friend " Why is your Mum knitting a sporan "
Daughter " It's not a sporan it's a monkey "
Friend " Oh thats ok then " pops her head round door " nice monkey"

Ah they can mock but once this little sporan is finished I bet they all want one!

No comments: