Thursday 21 February 2008

Body Parts



My sporan now has various body parts, all thats left to knit is its jaw which does not look easy. I am awaiting instructions from my knitting advisor (other people have gynacologists and personal trainers, but only a special few can claim to have a knitting advisor). Looking at the pattern ( yes there is a pattern I am not just making it up as I go along... at least not all of it, the few extra or missing stitches are deliberate mistakes to add character ) it feels beyond me, but I am not beaten yet. My knitting advisor ( AKA Karen ) and I have agreed that a conference call (I'll call you and put you on speaker phone, I will have the sporan all laid out and a miracle will occur) would be advisable when I get to the stage of sewing (I can't sew ) it together, scary words like tacking stitches were mentioned. I am so looking forward to this call. Drugs (legal) may be involved, tea will definately be present and having to lie down afterwards will be compulsory, for someone with ME this will be a bit like getting drunk in the middle of the day, but it will be good fun.
My niece Eleni has already claimed ownership, so I cannot let her down. She calls every day to ask "is it finished" I tell her " not yet but soon ". "Have you stuffed it yet" she asks, I tell her "not yet but soon". She tells me she already has a name for it, but can't tell me until it has been born (stuffed). No pressure there then.
Off to make a cuppa and revive my weary brain.

No comments: