Tuesday 19 May 2009

Tall

Prompt from HSMSHS is Tall

More than average height, or a story difficult to believe. Show us 'Tall' in your space.




Lyrics from Hickory Wind by Gram Parsons

In South Carolina there are many tall pines
I remember the oak tree that we used to climb
But now when I'm lonesome,
I always pretend
That I'm getting the feel of hickory wind
I started out younger at most everything
All the riches and pleasures, what else could life bring?
But it makes me feel better each time it begins
Callin' me home, hickory wind

12 comments:

Chris T said...

Morning! (just) great shot - really suits b&w. Don't fancy running up those steps or walking come to that - not too keen on hills for climbing!

Kerry said...

Great take on the prompt

Bobs said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Bobs said...

That looks so similar to a flight of steps leading down from Union Street (main shopping street) to the Grass Market (no longer grassy!) in Aberdeen. But I suspect it may be Edinburgh?

Wherever it is, it's a gorgeous shot. Perfect in B & W.

xxx

Coffeedoff said...

Wow, I feel out of breath just looking at those. Great photo!

Sue said...

I agree with Chris . . . no way would I attempt those steps :-)

Great shot and I love it in b&w.

Where I live it's pretty flat, though my Dad's home town is Plymouth . . . hell that's steep!

Take Care :-)

Anonymous said...

This is a great shot, it does look like Edinburgh, just get the lovely close feeling from this pic.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful composition!!!

♥ Liz ♥ said...

I don't fancy having to climb those every day!! Great photo it really suits the B&W

Anonymous said...

fab wouldn't fancy climbing all those stairs though

Melissa said...

Fantastic shot.

Digitalesse said...

Oh wow, that's so typically Edinburgh