Sunday 1 March 2009

Drawn Blank

Yesterday I was thrilled to be able to view a collection of artwork by Bob Dylan. The collection entitled "The Drawn Blank Series" are based on sketches and drawings made by Dylan while on the road from 1989 to 1992.
Gazing at Bob's paintings you are transported to another world, songs come to mind, and I felt privileged to have been able to step inside the life of a artist on tour. The painting are in mixed media, the colours are vivid, they depict the blankness of a life, of endless nondescript journeys, only punctuated by the sameness of empty hotel rooms, they are observational and notable for their rich colours and strong, dark lines.
I felt as if I had been on a journey with him which I thoroughly enjoyed.





Obviously there was a strict "No Photography" rule and obviously I obeyed it !

Heading out afterwards into the streets of Edinburgh, I felt like a tourist, happily snapping away and as usual took way too many pictures which are going to take me days to troll through. One thing I have noticed is that I appear to have a obsession with photographing peoples feet and stairs.

A Chinese meal



A stroll down Rose Street, famous for its' pubs



Some music



And finally back home, beyond weary, legless, maxed out on painkillers but with a happy glow and a contented feel.
Today, well lets just say I think someone has injected me with formaldehyde whilst at the same time dissecting my brain, hope they use me for research :) Was it worth it....YES

1 comment:

Chris T said...

Looks like a very good day. Nice shots! Yes am still up for the OU. Think you have to register by April 26th!