Wednesday 10 December 2008

Mother Arrested After Death OF ME Sufferer

A mother has been arrested on suspicion of murder following the alleged mercy killing of her daughter, who had been seriously ill with ME for 17 years.
At the age of 14 years Lynn Gilderdale 31 , was struck down by ME - an illness greatly misunderstood .
Since her diagnosis with ME (myalgic encephalopathy) she had required looking after around the clock, and her mother Kay, 54, was her full-time carer.
An inquest into her death was opened and adjourned at Hastings Corners Court.
Once Sussex police have completed their enquiries, the case file will be passed to the Crime Prosecution Service (CPS) to decide if there is enough evidence to bring charges of murder or manslaughter.

I did not know Lynn, but I do know her face The 25% ME Group and I do know her illness.
My thoughts are with her family, especially her mother.

4 comments:

Sue said...

I saw this on the news . . . what strength and courage this family has shown.

Sue said...

I saw this on the news . . . what strength and courage this family has shown.

Sue said...

I saw this on the news . . . what strength and courage this family has shown.

Chris T said...

This is so sad. I hope the prosecution service act humainly & sensibly