Sunday 13 January 2008

Oran Mor


Christmas and New Year have come and gone and its all been a bit of a blur...was it good.... Here's what I remember, Visitors from far away places.Sitting at the kitchen table at midnight sticking a orange up the bum of a very large turkey whilst desperately trying to follow my daughters friend Nico's interpretation of Jamie Olivers instructions on how to cook the perfect bird. Jamie Oliver makes grating the zest of a lemon look easy enough for a five year old to cope with. But try doing it with a Greek giving you instructions and it turns into a whole different experience. I think that part was fun. On Christmas day 20 people came and ate the immaculately stuffed turkey, they all said it was great,I can't remember even eating it. So, there was food and drink, a chocolate fountain, karaoke madness and eventually they all left,I think, there could still be a few people here that I haven't actually noticed.
The pictures are of Oran Mor, a old church in the West End of Glasgow,which has been converted and is now "a venue". During the holidays at some point I had a great night out there seeing Elaine C Smith. I was in awe of actually being out in Glasgow at night in "a venue".
Am now at war with some sort of viral thing and shoving everything and anything vitamin based down my throat in the hope that it will go away quickly.

1 comment:

Kaz said...

Helloo you, I've been meaning to call but you know what it's like. Glad you went to 'a venue' and had fun, the photos are great.

Hope you feel back to usal crap v soon.

Bug hugs xx